Imagine Space is a creation and collaboration hub that offers customers access to technologies and tools they can use to experiment and create in a social setting. It was built on the premise that knowledge and learning is often better transmitted via sharing, collective problem solving, and task performance.
OPL opened Ottawa’s first public makerspace in 2014 with support from the U.S. Embassy in Ottawa and the American Corners Program, a U.S. Department of State-sponsored initiative launched in the early 2000s. OPL is committed to inspiring learning, sparking curiosity, and connecting people through services such as the Imagine Space.
The following cutting edge equipment is available in the Imagine Space:
- 3D modeling and printing
- 3D scanning
- Laser cutting
- Photo, video and audio editing
- Green screen and video gear
- Hand tools and electronics; Arduino microcontroller circuit boards
- HD projectors and wall-to-wall whiteboard
The Imagine Space is located in the Nepean Centrepointe branch, 101 Centrepointe Drive.
Imagine Space hours
- Mondays - 2:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Tuesdays - 1:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Wednesdays - 1:30 p.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Thursdays - 1:30 p.m. - 8:30 p.m.
- Fridays - 11:00 a.m. - 5:30 p.m.
- Saturdays - 10:00 a.m. - 4:30 p.m.
- Sundays - Closed
Note: The last time slots of the day, booked for the laser cutter or 3D printer, must end no later than 30 minutes before closing.