OttawaWEB, OttawaStart, Ottawa Seniors, Services for Seniors
Ottawa WEB is a locally owned internet development company - and its website features an extensive general local business directory, searchable by company name or business category. Each entry in the directory provides:
- name of business
- contact person(s)
- street address(es)
- phone and fax number(s)
- brief description of company’s line of business
- website URL(s)
- email address(es).
OttawaStart is an independent website that offers a very broad category-based collection of links about local (Ottawa) topics that are well-worth exploring.
“There are so many interesting, useful and entertaining web sites in Ottawa, and it's our goal to find them, organize them, and help you find what you're looking for.”
Two special features of this website are:
- Ottawa Guides - more than 80 very useful topic links to helpful listings
- OttawaStart Blog - a fascinating cluster of daily-updated facts, opinions, and miscellaneous tidbits about Ottawa
Ottawa Seniors is another independent Web site that “…began as simply an online event calendar telling local seniors what was happening…” in the Ottawa area, but “…has turned into a bustling hive of information for local seniors, serving up info on everything from soup to nuts!”; it too offers a very extensive category-based collection of links about local (Ottawa) topics - particularly aimed at seniors.
The City of Ottawa’s website also has a set of web pages focusing on Services for Seniors, with links to the following areas:
- Information and Requests for City Services
- Health, Leisure and Fitness - information on Ottawa Public Health, Seniors Centres, Recreation Guide, Library Services, Heritage, Museums and Archives
- Transportation and Mobility - OC Transpo, Travel Wise, Cycling for Seniors
- Safety - Police, Fire and Paramedic Services
- Housing - Social housing and financial assistance