To learn how to start a business and how to do market research for your business, explore the two guides below:
To get support in starting a business, consult the following directory of services in Ottawa
For general business research, consult these hand-picked resources:
Magazines and journals on general topics and specific business & Economics and Small Business topics. Most titles are American publications. Read magazines online; search the entire collection for articles with information.
Access from home will require you to re-enter your library card number.
Grant Connect is a fundraising platform that connects charities with funders who share their cause. Find new prospects by searching comprehensive data managed by the expert research team.With Grant Connect, you have access to: Over 11,000 Canadian foundations, 560 corporate...
Grant Connect is available for in-library use only.
LinkedIn Learning for Library is an upgrade to the previous Lynda Library product, providing continued lifelong learning opportunities for all.
- From March 31st, 2022, any customers who have not yet logged into LinkedIn Learning for Library will not have their Lynda history migrated over.
- LinkedIn Learning mobile app is now available. Please activate/access LinkedIn Learning via the desktop first, then move to the mobile app for an easier sign in experience on mobile.
- To sign in, click Sign in with your library card, enter “LibraryID” as “ottawa”, www.linkedin.com/learning-login/go/ottawa, Click Continue, and from there enter your library card # and PIN.
- For course completions, a customer will not get a certificate in their name, the customer will see completions in their history but won’t get a copy with their name.
- The library version of LinkedIn Learning can’t connect with customer’s personal LinkedIn account.
A directory of 2.1 million Canadian company profiles compiled from telephone directories, annual reports, government data, chamber of commerce information, business magazines, newspapers, specialty directories, and postal services information. Enables entrepreneurs, job-hunters, and consumers to find businesses in any industry...
The Value Line Investment Survey and Small & Midcap Survey offers access to over 3,500 stocks across 100 industries. This includes analysts’ reports, statistics and forecasts of stock performance.
Notice: This product is limited to 6 simultaneous users. If you have trouble logging on you may wish to try again later.
Customers accessing Value Line from outside a library branch will have to enter a Barcode number (Your library card barcode number) to sign in to Value Line..