Early Literacy Stations are available at these branches:
- Alta Vista
- Elmvale Acres
- Ruth E. Dickinson
What is an Early Literacy Station?
The Early Literacy Station (ELS) is a computer that is loaded with educational games for kids. The ELS:
- Supports learning through a non-traditional format
- Helps bridges education with technology
- Inspires learning and imagination
- Is suitable for children ages 2-8
- Has an interactive and dynamic interface; actions are made by touchscreen, mouse and keyboard
- Has bright and engaging graphics and intuitive menus
- Is safe and secure as it requires no Internet connection
- Has over 50 software programs installed spanning these subject areas: reading, math, science, social studies, writing, art and music, and reference
- Has bilingual games and some available only in English or French
- Requires near-zero technical support
Using an Early Literacy Station:
- Proceed to the station and start using it
- Customers do not need to have a Library card
Can other apps be downloaded?
No. Software versions and selections are updated annually by the supplier.