The Ottawa Public Library (OPL) has seven Access Passes, which are all part of the Express collection (which means you cannot put them on hold). Access Passes offer free general admission to partnered museums, galleries and other sites of interest in the Ottawa area. Check the hours and requirements for the site you wish to visit as there have been many changes due to the COVID-19 pandemic.
The seven Access Passes available from OPL are:
- Canadian Museum of History/Canadian War Museum Pass
- Nature Card (Canadian Museum of Nature)
- Artpass (National Gallery of Canada/Canadian Museum of Contemporary Photography)
- Ingenium pass (Canada Agriculture and Food Museum/Canadian Aviation and Space Museum/Canada Science and Technology Museum)
- Library Pass (The Ottawa Museum Network includes 11 local museums)
- Gatineau Park cross-country ski pass: National Capital Commission
- City Of Ottawa Ski Pass (not available for winter 2020-2021)
Please continue to think of OPL when planning an outing, and visit one of our open branches to borrow your free Access Pass.
Passes may not be valid for exhibitions or events that have special admission fees. Unlike other items, OPL cannot adjust quantities based on demand because the Library receives limited numbers of these passes from our partner organizations.