May 07, 2020
On May 7th 2020, the Association des libraires du Québec broadcasted live on Facebook what would usually be their annual gala, during which the winners of the Prix des libraires du Québec are announced. This year, each of the winners pronounced their acceptance speech live from their own home.
This prize has been awarded since 1994 to Quebec authors of fiction; however over the years many other categories have been added. There are now categories celebrating books published in French outside of Québec. Unfortunately, there were no finalists from Ontario this year.
Discover the winners of the 2020 edition :
- ROMAN-NOUVELLE-RÉCIT QUÉBECOIS : La trajectoire des confettis / par Marie-Ève Thuot
- ROMAN-NOUVELLE-RÉCIT HORS QUÉBEC : L’empreinte / par Alexandria Marzano-Lesnevich
- ESSAI QUÉBÉCOIS : Les brutes et les punaises : les radios-poubelles, la liberté d'expression et le commerce des injures / par Dominique Payette
- POÉSIE QUÉBÉCOISE : Le tendon et l’os / par Anne-Marie Desmeules
- BANDE DESSINÉE QUÉBÉCOISE : La grosse laide / par Marie-Noëlle Hébert
- BANDE DESSINÉE HORS QUÉBEC : In waves / par Aj Dungo (English translation also available)
You can find all the finalists and winners of the 2020 edition in our catalog :