Mar 09, 2021
Almost one year into the pandemic and I find myself watching familiar TV shows with plots I know by heart, lines I've memorized and characters who are like my friends. Have you been returning to old favourites for comfort? If so, I've put together a list of books that are similar to these somewhat predictable yet ultimately, "feel-good" stories.
Did I miss your favourite? Let me know in the comments and I'll try to find you a book for you that will be equally reassuring.
- Dawson's Creek: The Ensemble by Aja Gabel
- The Good Place: The Opposite of Always by Justin A. Reynolds
- Friends: The Love Affairs of Nathaniel P. by Adelle Waldman
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer: Three Dark Crowns by Kendare Blake
- Gilmore Girls: My Life Next Door by Becca Fitzpatrick
- RuPaul's Drag Race: The House of Impossible Beauties by Joseph Cassara
- Big Bang Theory: The Rosie Project by Graeme C. Simsion
- New Girl: The Wedding Date byJasmine Guillory
- The Great British Bake-Off: The Particular Sadness of Lemon Cake by Aimee Bender