Sep 17, 2021
The Ottawa Public Library is celebrating Science Literacy Week this year with programs and initiatives to promote the wonderful world of science.
Science Literacy Week is a nationwide celebration of science in Canada and is led by NSERC (Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council of Canada). It is an opportunity for museums, schools, and libraries across the country to encourage Canadians to explore science and discover more about the diversity of science in Canada.
This year’s theme is Climate. Here is what the Ottawa Public Library will be doing this year to celebrate Science Literacy Week:
- Online Storytime (via Zoom) Tuesday, Sept. 21 at 10:30am
- Online Storytime / Heure du conte en direct (via Zoom) Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 10:30am
- Connexions Parents-bébés (via Zoom) Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 11:30am
- Heure du conte en direct (via Zoom) Thursday, Sept. 23 at 10:30am
- My River: Cleaning up the LaHave River (via Zoom) Tuesday, Sept. 21, 2021 at 7:00pm
- Climate Change in Ottawa (Tickets online via Eventbrite) Wednesday, Sept. 22, 2021 at 7:00pm
- Scratch Planting Trees Coding Activity (via Zoom) Wednesday, Sept. 15, 2021 at 4:30pm
- Activité de codage Planter des arbres (in French - via Zoom) Wednesday, Sept. 22 at 4:30pm
Look for STEAM Kits available at your library. The take-home kits will contain a science-themed activity and instructions so your family can have fun at home and explore science too!