Forget what you think you know about yoga! You won’t have to become a human pretzel to reap the numerous benefits of a yoga practice. It is true that “yoga is not about being bendy,” as my yoga teacher says.
You can practice Chair Yoga from where you are, in a chair, on the couch and even in your bed. Chair Yoga is a great alternative to a yoga practice on the floor. So, get ready to return to healthy movement with Chair Yoga.
Chair Yoga is accessible to everyone and may assist you in reclaiming mobility and strength.
Have fun while you learn about the physical and mental benefits of chair yoga.
The ebooks and videos below guide you in yoga moves.
The Library is offering three Online Seniors Fitness Chair Yoga sessions delivered by Georgia Morissette on Friday mornings in June:
- Lifelong Yoga Maximizing your Balance, Flexibility, and Core Strength in your 50s, 60s, and Beyond by Sage Hamilton Rountree
- Yoga: Your Home Practice Companion Written by the experts from Sivananda Yoga Vedanta Centers; published by DK Books.
- Yoga for Everyone 50 Poses for Every Type of Body by Dianne Bondy
- Every Woman's Yoga How to Incorporate Strength, Flexibility, and Balance Into your Life by Jaime Stover Schmitt
- Click here to view online yoga videos through the Ottawa Public Library website.