After a short break in December, Crossword Puzzle continues from January to May. Croisée des mots is a series of monthly intimate conferences (in French) presented by the Ottawa Public Library in collaboration with the Association des auteures et auteurs de l'Ontario français (AAOF). Join us to discover or rediscover Franco Ontario authors without leaving your living room!
Put the upcoming meetings on your calendar, so you don't miss any:
- On January 13, come and meet the author and activist Monia Mazigh who will present Farida, her third novel.
- On February 17, we welcome the author, screenwriter, and literary translator, Mishka Lavigne, to discuss her most recent play Copeaux, a poetic text of movement theater.
- On March 17, meet Soufiane Chakkouche, journalist, screenwriter, and writer of Moroccan origin, who has just published his third novel Zahra.
- On April 14, chat with poet Sonia-Sophie Courdeau who received the Trillium Poetry Prize for her first anthology. Her third publication, Ce qui reste sans contour, was released in February 2020.
- On May 12, the author, entrepreneur, and entomologist Charles-Étienne Ferland will talk about Métamorphoses, his second post-apocalyptic novel.
On the program: a reading by the author of an excerpt from their book, followed by a discussion between the author and the moderator, and finally a Q&A session.
Each event starts at 6:00 pm, you can sign up to receive a link to attend the meeting via the Zoom platform or join us live on the AAOF Facebook page.