Mon, Apr 06, 2020
Ottawa Public Health has recommended that all residents of Ottawa practice social distancing. Ottawa Public Library will be posting daily ideas of online content to help you make the most of your time at home.
Social distancing doesn't mean that we can't live experiences together. Thanks to the magic of the web, you will be able to attend courses, shows, and fun programs.
Here's a list of our top 5 live events for this week.
- Canada Performs is a series of online concerts brought to you by the NAC. You can watch several artists perform every day from the comfort of your home! https://nac-cna.ca/en/series/canadaperforms?fbclid=IwAR3QimKN-AoUim83UjinBIq3Wsq05_LLjC9ODXk7KTCG-S_mC9yw3tsSHhE
- Zumba online class: learn and practice Zumba in the comfort of your home! Tuesday April 7th at 6PM https://www.facebook.com/events/836713466827072/
- Faces of Frida: enjoy an online exhibit on the works of Friday Kahlo. https://artsandculture.google.com/project/frida-kahlo
- Metallica live: rock legend Metallica is streaming a complete Metallica live show on the group's YouTube channel and on Facebook every week. They start at 8pm (EDT) every Friday. https://www.youtube.com/user/MetallicaTV/videos
- The National Theatre has announced #NationalTheatreAtHome, which will see some of the best British theatre delivered at 7pm (BST) every Thursday on YouTube. It began with James Corden in One Man Two Guvnors on 2nd April, which you can still watch back, and we have Jane Eyre to look forward to on Thursday 9th April. https://www.youtube.com/user/ntdiscovertheatre
Have you seen any other events or programs? Tell us in the comments!