Are you starting a business? There are so many things to consider: marketing, accounting, bookkeeping and taxes, financing your business, rules and regulations, researching your target customers and making your business viable. Are you considering importing goods to Canada? Join us for information sessions provided by business advisors at different branch locations.
Market Research Techniques and Resources
Learn about market research and how to use free, essential online business resources.
- Cumberland branch, December 7, 3-4:30 pm
How do you reach potential customers? This workshop is for all interested in learning marketing techniques.
- Stittsville branch, September 24, 6:30 pm
- Sunnyside branch, October 3, 6:30 pm
- Nepean Centrepointe branch, November 6, 6:30 pm
Starting a Business
Whatever kind of business you are starting, learn the steps and procedures and what you need to do so that you can determine if your business idea is feasible.
- Blackburn Hamlet branch, September 26, 6:00 pm
- Ruth E. Dickinson branch, October 10, 6:00 pm
- Hazeldean Branch, November 4, 6:00 pm
- Emerald Plaza branch, December 5, 6:00 pm
Small Business Financing
Join Antonio Garcia, small business advisor at Scotiabank, to learn how and where to apply for financing for your startup.
- (CANCELLED) Cumberland branch, September 30, 6:30 pm
- Alta Vista branch, October 8, 6:30 pm
- Carlingwood branch, October 28, 6:30 pm
- Main branch, November 12, 6:30 pm
Tax and Bookkeeping Help for Small Business
Meet the Liaison Officer for Small Business, an accountant from the CRA, for a workshop that will answer your tax and accounting questions.
- North Gloucester branch, October 2, 6:00 pm (bilingual)
- Stittsville branch, October 29, 6:00 pm (English)
- Ruth E. Dickinson branch, November 21, 6:00 pm (English)
- St-Laurent branch, December 5, 6:00 pm (bilingual)
Accounting and Bookkeeping Basics
Join In-TAC Accounting and Taxation Services for a discussion of accounting and bookkeeping basics.
- Main branch, September 25, 6:30 pm
Doing Business with the Government of Canada
Join the Office of Small and Medium Enterprises (OSME) to learn how to sell goods and services to the Government of Canada.
- Nepean Centrepointe branch, October 16, 6:30 pm
Are you importing or thinking of importing goods into Canada? Learn the process and how to increase your profits.