Going stir crazy stuck in the house? Why not stir up a new dish? We have an excellent selection of online magazines to get you started. Do you want a healthy dish with lots of fresh veggies, or do you prefer to luxuriate in front of the fire with a mug of hot tea and a freshly baked treat? Perhaps you could even include the kids in your culinary efforts. Choose a recipe and let’s get going!
Flipster has several cooking magazines in both French and English.
- Try a lean and healthy dish with Lemon & Fennel Poached Salmon from Eating Well magazine. This easy dish combines all ingredients in one pan; just simmer on the stove top and then cover until the fish is cooked to a delicious, flaky pink. Can’t you just smell the aroma?
- Or heat up the BBQ with Grilled Chile Pineapple Pork Chops. This tempting dish brings out the flavour with a little fire from the grill and a little sweetness from the honey and lime glaze. I can’t wait!
- Do you want to get your kids involved? Make Whole-Wheat Strawberry Muffins with this child friendly recipe. Healthy and yummy.
- Other titles in this collection include Chatelaine, Rachael Ray Every Day, and Family Circle.
RB Digital offers a wide choice of food and wine magazines. Click on “filter”, which is found just on top of the magazine covers on the right side. Next, click “Genre” and then “Food and Cooking”.
- Who would have thought that you could find Salted Caramel Pot de Crème in Paleo magazine?
- Or Vanilla Chia Pudding with Cherry Compote? That sounds so good!
- I am dying to try the Stuffed Chicken Thighs Wrapped in Pancetta in La Cucina Italiana paired with the perfect bottle of wine, chosen from Vines magazine. And for dessert, I think I’ll make Yeasted Doughnuts with Matcha Frosting from Cook’s Illustrated.
Press Reader offers a broad choice of cooking magazines. On the home page, scroll down to Food and Drinks on the left-hand side to see this multilingual collection!
- Explore Thai cuisine with Salt magazine.
- Make the best Cinnamon Buns ever in Dish.
- Learn how to age hops to perfection with advice from the experts at Beer & Brewing
Have fun in the kitchen and remember to keep an eye on the kids!
Blog post contribute by Sonja from our Blackburn Hamlet Branch.