Fri, Apr 10, 2020
Are you getting tired of watching TV, and reading during #physicaldistancing and are looking for something new, interesting and interactive to do?
Try a MOOC - Massive Open Online Course! From Ancient Masterpieces of World Literature (Harvard), to Psychology 1001 (Carleton) to Indigenous Canada (U Alberta) to Mindshift: Break Through Obstacles to Learning and Discover Your Hidden Potential (McMaster) there’s a free course for everyone!
Below is a list of some universities who provide Open Access Courses (MOOCS):
- MIT (Massachusetts Institute of Technology) Open Courseware
- University of Alberta, Massive Open Online Courses (MOOC)
- McMaster University MOOCSPrinceton University MOOCS
- Carleton University MOOCS
- Johns Hopkins MOOCS
- Harvard University Free Online Courses
You can also access some free open access textbooks with:
And don't forget the Ottawa Public Library's free access to Lynda.com .
Blog post contributed by Charmaine Atrooshi from our Hazeldean branch.