Jun 11, 2020
Help yourself with our help – Book a one-on-one consultation with information experts at OPL
Ottawa Public Library (OPL) is excited to announce Library 1:1, a new service that can help you find what you are looking for with individualized help from one of OPL’s dedicated librarians or information experts. OPL staff will provide a 30-minute tutorial or consultation to assist you in navigating the vast collections and resources available through OPL, so that you can get the most out of your Library.
Library 1:1 is designed to meet the diverse needs and interests of Library customers and equip them to benefit more than ever from OPL. The one-on-one 30-minute consultations, by phone or video chat, can be booked now on the following topics:
- Computer tutorial: Lean computer, Internet, and email basics
- Ebook/Audiobook tutorial: Learn how to borrow eBooks and eAudiobooks
- Bibliocommons tutorial: Learn how to use the OPL catalogue
- Readers Advisory: Get some great book suggestions
- Research: Get assistance with your research
- Online Resources: Discover and explore any of OPL’s online databases
To book an appointment, fill out the Library 1:1 request form with your choice of topic and your preferred date and times. Library staff will follow up with you to confirm.
Please note that you will need an active library card to book an appointment. OPL InfoService staff is available to provide assistance for signing up and renewing Library cards, for questions regarding your Library account, and for general questions about OPL, Monday to Saturday, from 10 am to 5 pm.
Take advantage of this new OPL service. Connect with your library one-on-one. We look forward to helping you.