The wait has been long, but it is finally over, you can now borrow Nintendo Switch games from OPL for home use! Because they are so small, these games will be kept in secure areas in the branches. Once OPL branches are open to browsing again, people can check the open shelves and see the game cases but will then have to ask staff for assistance to borrow the actual game. Same goes for holds. If you’ve been notified that your Switch game is now on hold for you, and you're able to enter a branch please ask staff for assistance to borrow. For now, place a hold and pick up your favourite Switch game at your favourite branch. Below is a list of some of our new Juvenile, Teen and Adult Switch games. Enjoy!
Step 1: Contactless services inside most open branches17/06/2021
There are contactless services inside most of our 31 open branches, with strict capacity limits in place, as of June 14, 2021, except at Metcalfe Village, Orléans and Rosemount. This means:
- Pick up holds and check them out at self-checkout stations.
- Return borrowed items to book drops anytime.
- Access to PCs, Chromebooks, and printing, where these are available.
- No other services: no browsing, no washroom access.
- Mask-wearing remains mandatory inside, and outside in line.
For details, go to Current Branch Services.