OPL branches, Bookmobile stops and Homebound delivery services closed temporarily starting Monday, March 16, 2020. The decision is in response to recent measures implemented across the City under the guidance of Ottawa Public Health (OPH) with regards to COVID-19 (coronavirus). As of today, we plan to reopen on Monday, April 6, 2020. We will continue to monitor the situation and reassess as more information becomes available.
These measures are being undertaken for the health and safety of our community:
- Due dates for all currently checked out materials have been extended and late fees suspended, so you do not need to worry about returning your materials during the closures;
- Book drops are not available as of Tuesday, March 17, since branches are closed. Please hold on to OPL items and return them when branches reopen.
- Holds have been suspended, and pick up expiry dates extended;
- Meeting room rentals are cancelled, and fees will be refunded; and
- Computer bookings, programs, events and outreach activities are cancelled.
You can continue to use the Library without visiting by:
- Contacting Info Service, our virtual branch, by phone or email; and
- Downloading e-books, e-audiobooks and magazines, streaming movies, TV shows and music, reading newspapers and accessing other online resources
We thank you for your patience and support, and we look forward to seeing you online and in person again soon.