Week 8, October 5 - 11, 2020
- Monday, October 5 at 7:30 pm - Missing from the Village with Justin Ling
Matthew Pearson hosts a conversation with Justin Ling on his book Missing from the Village, discussing the tragic and resonant story of the disappearance of eight men—the victims of serial killer Bruce McArthur—from Toronto’s queer community. This event will also available in French translation: L’événement sera diffusé en direct sur YouTube. (En anglais avec un service d’interprétation simultanée en français.)
- Saturday, October 10 at 12:00 pm - One Good Reason with Séan McCann and Andrea Aragon
- Tuesday, October 6 at 12:00 pm - Agency and Consent, Featuring Rebecca Watson and Annabel Lyon
Two of the season's most anticipated releases explore the inner lives of women, and the realities we too often try to ignore. Resentment and resilience, rage and regret: There is turbulence under the surface, unacknowledged causes and effects that reverberate through lives. This episode features Rebecca Watson and Annabel Lyon in conversation with Author and educator Julie S. Lalonde.
- Friday, October 9 at 12:00 pm - Truth as Fiction and Fiction as Truth, Featuring Helen Humphreys and Will Ferguson
All history is a kind of fiction, and the best stories are often built around real people and places, so what can we learn from invented truths and our relationship with imagination and investigation? This episode features Helen Humphreys in conversation with Frances Boyle and Will Ferguson in conversation with artsfile.ca's Peter Robb.
- Tuesday, October 6 at 7:30 pm - High School with Tegan and Sara
From iconic musicians Tegan and Sara comes a nostalgic memoir about high school, detailing their first loves and first songs in a compelling look back at their origin story. Ottawa’s own musical powerhouse Kellylee Evans hosts a conversation on the tangle of discordant and parallel memories of two sisters who grew up in distinct ways even as they lived just down the hall from one another.
- Sunday, October 11 at 2:00 pm - Jack with Marilynne Robinson
Author Rhonda Douglas hosts a conversation with Pulitzer Prize-winner Marilynne Robinson on the long-awaited fourth and last of her Gilead novels—one of the great works of contemporary literature.
- Sunday, October 11 at 4:00 pm - One on One With Pico Iyer
Don’t miss this incredible conversation with Pico Iyer, hosted by Peter Schneider. His two most recent books, Autumn Light: Season of Fire and Farewells and A Beginner's Guide to Japan offer incredible insight into the country of Japan but also into our relationship with ourselves and those around us.