Apr 14, 2022
Despite being in the second year of a pandemic, OPL found ways to keep improving Library access and services for its Ottawa residents. The Library remained a vital part of the community by continuing to provide safe and reliable services thanks to the determination of OPL employees -- and thanks to the people of Ottawa who support and make use of the Library.
OPL’s 2021 Annual Report was received by the OPL Board on April 12, 2022. Please read the report online for more information about the Library’s impact in 2021.
Key OPL accomplishments during 2021:
- Uninterrupted service despite COVID-19
- Continued access to collections and resources through virtual channels and varying levels of in-person service in branches across the city
- Championed digital inclusion through the loan of Chromebooks and Wi-Fi hotspots to groups in need
- Ādisōke - Towards a new OPL central branch
- Reveal of the final design and name of the OPL-LAC joint facility
- Approval of additional funding for the project by OPL’s Board of Trustees and Ottawa City Council to address inflationary costs
- Awarding of the construction contract
- Eliminating late fees – to improve equity and inclusion
- 155,000 customers had late fees removed from their accounts
Thank you to everyone for making 2021 another successful year at OPL!