Did you know that you can place holds on books before they’re even published? Below is a list of hot teen titles slated to be published this month that are on order at OPL. These are titles that should not be missed! Put your name down on the waiting list now and be one of the first to read them when they arrive.
Want to find more titles on order and new arrivals at OPL? Check out the New Titles page.
What books are you looking forward to this month? Let us know in the comments!
Did you know that you can put books on hold before they're even published? Here's a list of hot Teen titles coming out in March 2015 that you should put your name down for ASAP!
- Mim Malone has been dragged from Ohio to live with her dad and new stepmom is Mississippi. When she finds out her mother back home has fallen ill, she hitches a ride on a Greyhound heading to Cleveland, meeting a cast of quirky travelers along the way. As hilarious as it is heartbreaking, readers will be reeled in by Mim's precocious voice as they follow her along her American odyssey.
- Stephen is initially dismayed when he has to move back to the old-fashioned town his father grew up in but begins to feel hope when he befriends twins Cara and Devon. However, as he forges relationships with the two, he finds himself caught between them in a conflict he doesn't quite understand. This taut thriller will keep readers at the edge of their seats as Stephen has to decide what he believes and where his allegiances lie.
- Sequel to last year's HALF BAD! In a world like our own, warring witch factions live among humans: the "good" white witches and the "evil" black witches. Nathan, a product of both factions, is seen as an abomination. Now that Nathan has come into his own unique Gift, he's on the run from every side. Readers will devour this dark fantasy where good and evil aren't always what they seem.
- A companion novel to SERAPHINA. In a world where dragons and humans live uneasily together, Seraphina must hide the fact that she is both. Now that war has broken out between the two, Seraphina must travel the land and find others like her. A rich fantasy world full of well-realized characters, lovers of epic fantasy should not miss this!
- Missouri, 1849: A tragic accident leaves Samantha, a young Chinese musician, on the run with the help of a runaway slave named Annamae. Disguised as boys, the two forge a touching friendship as they face the trials and tribulations of traveling the Oregon Trail. Fans of historical fiction should not miss this novel written in verse.
- It's been two years since Paige's boyfriend died in a tragic accident, but she's finally ready to go back to high school. Her plan: date her old crush Ryan Chase and join a school club. This should be easy, but then, Ryan's sweet nerdy cousin Max moves to town and everything is thrown for a loop. Will Paige finally be able to face her fears and open herself up?
- Etta is tired of labels and categories -- she's been ousted from the lesbian clique for not being gay enough (due to a recent relationship with a boy) and not petite and white enough for ballet. Then Etta meets Bianca -- straight, white, Christian Bianca, a girl who fits into all the "right" labels -- and everything changes.
- Darra and Nick used to be inseparable, but the two become estranged after a tragic accident that leaves Darra's face scarred. When Darra dissapears, Nick thinks she's just playing, but when another young girl disappears as well, Nick becomes convinced the two are linked. Now Nick has to find her sister before it's too late. Lauren Oliver fans should not miss this compelling novel of intrigue and loss.
- Eighteen-year-old Finn, an outsider in his quiet Midwestern town, is the only witness to the abduction of town favorite Roza, but his inability to distinguish between faces makes it difficult for him to help with the investigation, and subjects him to even more ridicule and bullying. A dash of surrealism brings Bone Gap's setting to life and will appeal to readers looking for something a little different.
- Sequel to last year's THE WINNER'S CURSE. After the shocking ending to The Winner's Curse, Kestrel must further embroil herself in political schemes and deceit with her former slave and love interest, Arin, caught in the middle. In the vein of Game of Thrones, The Winner's Crime is a politically-charged fantasy with an engrossing romance at its center.