We are pleased to announce that as of Monday, July 27, you no longer need to book an appointment to pick up your available holds at branches offering the contactless holds pickup service.
*If you have already booked an appointment for July 27 or later, you can pick up your holds anytime during opening hours starting July 27. You do not need to take any action to cancel your appointment.
Returns continue to be accepted during opening hours with no appointment.
For more information about returns and holds pickup service, please visit this page.
WHERE IS HOLDS PICKUP AVAILABLE?
Contactless service is currently offered at following branches:
- Nepean Centrepointe
- North Gloucester
- Ruth E. Dickinson
- St. Laurent
As of Monday, July 27, contactless service will also be offered at: Alta Vista, Blackburn Hamlet, Centennial, Elmvale Acres, Emerald Plaza.
Customers are able to come inside these branches to return their borrowed items, and to pick up their holds and check them out using the checkout machines.
At this time, in-person browsing of the collection is not available.
Rosemount (temporary location) will be offering curbside service starting Monday, July 27. At this time, appointments will still be required for customers who wish to pick up their available holds from the Rosemount temporary location. You can make an appointment here.
Returns are accepted anytime during opening hours with no appointment.
The hours of operation of the branches open for contactless or curbside service are available under Hours and Locations.
HEALTH AND SAFETY
The health and safety of our customers and employees is our highest priority.
- Returned materials are quarantined for 72 hours.
- Returns and hold pickups are contactless.
- Visible markers are present at branches to ensure physical distancing.
- Employees practice physical distancing. Regular cleaning and handwashing are routine.
- Enhanced cleaning protocols have been implemented.
- Customers are asked to wear a mask, use the hand sanitizer provided, and respect physical distancing requirements
- We recommend washing your hands after handling library materials.