262 Len Purcell
The branch is undergoing an expansion.
- The branch will permanently close at 8:30 p.m. on August 25 and reopen in its new space within the Constance and Buckham’s Bay Community Centre at 4:30 p.m. on September 3.
- The new book drop, which deposits material directly into the branch, will be available during the closure.
- Joint project of the Constance and Buckham's Bay Community Association, City of Ottawa, and OPL.
- Overall project budget: $1,725,000 (OPL’s contribution: $400,000)
- Completion date: Fall 2015
Key features will include:
- Branch expansion to 1,000 sq ft., which will increase the branch size by about 100%
- Natural light and windows
- Expansion of self service, including self-checkout stations
- Installation of RFID (radio frequency identification) technology
- Improvements to materials processing and movement within the branch
- Library return box integrated into building
- More public computers
- Programming space, shared with the community centre
- Accessibility improvements
- More seating
August 13, 2015
July 29, 2015
June 30, 2015
June 2, 2015
May 19, 2015
May 5, 2015
April 21, 2015
262 Len Purcell
Ottawa K0A 3M0
About Constance Bay
Get your family out for activities at the community centre and visit the Library all at the same time! Located in the Constance and Buckham's Bay Community Centre, the branch is at the centre of community life, surrounded by indoor and outdoor activities. Check out a book, surf the web using the high-speed connection, or request items from across the OPL system through the online catalogue. Situated close to the beautiful Ottawa River and abundant nature.