|Day of week||Opening times|
|Monday||10:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Tuesday||10:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Wednesday||10:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Thursday||10:00 am - 9:00 pm|
|Friday||10:00 am - 6:00 pm|
|Saturday||10:00 am - 5:00 pm|
|Sunday||1:00 pm - 5:00 pm|
Next holiday closure: Apr 14, 2017
The branch will be closed on Sundays, from June 11 to September 3, 2017.120 MetcalfeOttawa, Ontario K1P 5M2613-580-2940 (Infoservice)InfoService@BiblioOttawaLibrary.ca
***The parking garage elevator is currently out-of-service and will be for the next few weeks.***
Road access to Main branch will be limited on Saturday, March 11, as a result of the St. Patrick's Day parade.
The following roads will be closed:
- Westbound lanes on Laurier Avenue between Nicholas Street and Elgin Street (7:30 a.m. to noon)
- Laurier Avenue from City Hall to Bank Street
The branch will be open during regular branch hours.
The hub of the 33-branch OPL system, the Main branch the largest library in the system, with the greatest selection of material of all kinds and the most public access Internet stations in the city. Located downtown in the heart of the business and government communities, the Main branch is the place for reference services, including the Ottawa Room, which holds an extensive collection of local historical documents.
The Main branch received these improvements in 2014.
- Renovated children’s area including a new floor plan with improved sight lines
- Furniture upgrades
- Increased public space on the 3rd floor
- Consolidation of all bookable public internet computers for adults, on the 3rd floor
- RFID technology installation
- New point of service