To learn how to start a business and how to do market research for your business, explore the two guides below:
To get support in starting a business, consult the following directory of services in Ottawa
For general business research, consult these hand-picked resources:
- Helps learners develop their written business communication skills in the context of emails, SMS, letters and reports. Topics include the writing process, linking ideas and writing clearly.Business Writing is no longer available. This application requires Adobe's Flash Player, Adobe will block Flash content from running in Flash Player beginning January 12, 2021The vendor ClarityEnglish didn’t migrate Flash content to new standards yet and could not provide the timeline on when they could finish this update.
- Analyze industry events and trends, company performance and activity, as well as the latest in management, economics and politics. Publications include broker research reports, trade publications, newspapers, journals and company directory listings, investment reports, market overviews, country snapshots, and industry...Full text remote access for Globe & Mail is available here: Login to Gale OneFile: Business by using your library account Click on Advanced Search and under SEARCH OPTIONS, click Publication Search Type Globe and Mail in the search box Click on the search results for The Globe and Mail Select different year and browse specific issues
- Grant Connect is a fundraising platform that connects charities with funders who share their cause. Find new prospects by searching comprehensive data managed by the expert research team.With Grant Connect, you have access to: ● Over 11,000 Canadian foundations, 560...Grant Connect is available for in-library use.Please call Library Info Services 613-580-2940 to get temporary remote access code.
- LinkedIn Learning for Library is an upgrade to the previous Lynda Library product, providing continued lifelong learning opportunities for all of you. Customers will now have access to the following: Engaging content for every customer, with over 16,000 courses in...
- With over 4,000 video courses from top experts, Lynda.com is the place to go for learning technology, creative and business skills you can use today.Lynda.com will be upgraded to LinkedIn Learning on January 13, 2021. For more detailed information, please check the blog post “Lynda.com upgrading to LinkedIn Learning”
- A directory of 2.1 million Canadian company profiles compiled from telephone directories, annual reports, government data, chamber of commerce information, business magazines, newspapers, specialty directories, and postal services information. Enables entrepreneurs, job-hunters, and consumers to find businesses in any industry...
- The Value Line Investment Survey and Small & Midcap Survey offers access to over 3,500 stocks across 100 industries. This includes analysts’ reports, statistics and forecasts of stock performance.Notice: This product is limited to 6 simultaneous users. If you have trouble logging on you may wish to try again later.
- 29/10/2018Rubina Ahmed-Haq, personal finance journalist explains the major roadblocks to saving and outlines what you can do today to start being better with your money.Blog Entry