Mar 17, 2020
Ottawa Public Health has recommended that all residents of Ottawa practice social distancing. Ottawa Public Library will be posting daily ideas of online content to help you make the most of your time at home.
Social distancing doesn't mean that we can't live experiences together. Thanks to the magic of the web, your children will be able to attend storytelling hours, author meetings, shows and fun programs.
Here's a list of our top 5 live events for this week.
- Author Ben Clanton invites you to draw with him and talk about waffles and mermicorns, you don’t want to miss this, on March 18 and 20. https://www.facebook.com/events/190785292224208/
- Go on a home safari with the Cincinnati Zoo & Botanical Garden! Each weekday at 3:00 pm, they will highlight one of their amazing animals and include an activity you can do from home. https://www.facebook.com/events/2915534041825624/
- Author and artist Oliver Jeffers will be reading one of his books every weekday, and talking about some of the things that went into making it on his Instagram every day at 2:00 pm. https://www.instagram.com/oliverjeffers/
- Splash’N Boots announced their You, Me and the Screen Tour! A full week of concerts, stories and yes, even something for the parents Friday night! https://www.facebook.com/splashnboots/photos/a.129808890381500/3388740077821682/?type=3&theater
- Lunch doodle with Mo Willems! Mo Willems invites you into his studio every day for his lunch doodle. You will draw, doodle and explore new ways of writing by visiting Mo's studio virtually once a day for the next few weeks. Okay, it’s not live but we will make an exception for Mo! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MjaYnyCJDdU
To find more of your favorite authors use #OperationStoryTime on Facebook, Instagram and Youtube
Have you seen any other events or programs? Tell us in the comments