Filter Your Search
Choosing a filter below will cause the page to reload.
Forbes & Internet Genealogy are available now! (26/05/2023)
- Starting from May 18, 2023, Forbes is available on the Flipster eMagazine Platform.
- Starting from May 26, 2023, Internet Genealogy is available on the Flipster eMagazine Platform.
Access Video on Demand is a streaming video platform with a focus on educational films. The collection includes 41,213 videos, 331,668 video segments and 1,094 subject categories. The topics range from Arts and Humanities, Business and Economics, Science, Mathematics and Technology, Social Sciences, Careers and Trades, Health and Wellness, Home and Family, and Archival films and newsreels. Many popular documentaries originally produced for National Geographic, HBO, PBS, BBC, TED Talks, Nova, Rick Steves’ Europe, Scientific American, and more are included. Closed-captioning and interactive transcripts are available on many titles. Customers need a valid OPL card in order to access the service. Engage, inform, and entertain with its vivid and appealing new design of Access Video On Demand! Includes unlimited, simultaneous usage; in-library use and remote access.
Curio.ca offers access to thousands of commercial-free educational video and audio streams from CBC and Radio-Canada. Categories include Canadian history, health, business, children's programming, Indigenous studies and many others.
This digital media service provides customers access to motion picture films, television shows, complete music albums, and graphic novels & comics. The collection includes current and past hits, as well as classics. There is a variety of genres to choose from, with something for all ages. Let's be connected, inspired, and entertained together every day!
- The collection is not permanent – titles get pulled and new content is added all the time.
- Customers can stream or temporarily download up to 6 titles per month per card. The download feature is available exclusively on mobile devices, through the app.
- The borrowing period for movie and TV content is between 48-72 hours (2-3 days), music albums (considered as one item) are 7 days, and comics collection is 21 days.
- Titles are available instantly with no holds, waitlists, or late fees.
- Borrowed titles are automatically returned following the borrowing period.
- Hoopla is accessible from your computer, laptop, or wireless device.
- Customers must register for an account with an email address and a valid OPL card number, in order to access the service.
- The data used to stream Hoopla from the Internet at home or from your mobile device will count towards your Internet service provider’s monthly bandwidth cap. Watching a regular-length movie uses about 1GB of data for each stream of standard definition video. Streaming an album uses about 35 MB of data.
Over 8,092 fun and informative video and audio titles featuring Berenstain Bears, Franklin the Turtle, Wild Kratts and many more. Subject areas include arts, music, animals, sports, hobbies, math, science and reading. More than 430 educational interactives are also available.
Kanopy offers a large collection of high quality films and documentaries from art-house classics to world cinema, all available to play on your PC, phone, tablet and digital media player. You can stream up to 4 films per month. At the top right-hand side of page, you will see a “play credit tracker” that will alert you of how many play credits you have remaining.
The world's premier resource for classical music videos, it gives you unlimited and simultaneous access to stunning live events streamed every year from the world’s most prestigious venues. Plus, it offers thousands of concerts, operas, ballets, documentaries, master classes, and many more films from the 1940s through to the present day. Available on all digital devices anytime, anywhere.
Voyez les plus grands opéras, corps de ballet, orchestres et artistes au monde sur demande. Assistez aux spectacles d’artistes légendaires comme Placido Domingo, Claudio Abbado, Luciano Pavarotti, Martha Argerich et Herbert von Karajan. La collection compte plus de 2 500 vidéos intégrales. (En anglais seulement.)
- Le maximum d’utilisateurs simultanés est de cinq. Si vous n’arrivez pas à ouvrir une session, réessayez plus tard.
- Assurez-vous de cliquer sur le bouton de déconnexion rouge pour bien fermer votre session et laisser la place à un autre utilisateur.
NFB Campus streams almost 1,500 more films than the free NFB site. (Those 1,500 extra films are only available for streaming in library through OPL NFB Campus subscription; The other 4,500 films are available free from NFB site www.nfb.ca).
These 6,000 films are 99% Canadian content in English and in French. They provide a focus on Canadian content and ready-made curated channels and playlists on a variety of topics, including children’s movies, Indigenous cinema, Indigenous voices, and reconciliation.NFB (National Film Board) CampusAvailable for in-library use only