Your Search Results
A directory of 2.1 million Canadian company profiles compiled from telephone directories, annual reports, government data, chamber of commerce information, business magazines, newspapers, specialty directories, and postal services information. Enables entrepreneurs, job-hunters, and consumers to find businesses in any industry. Useful for Business Planning and Market Research to identify potential industry competitors and/or potential companies with which to do business. Specify results based on employee size, sales volume, type of business and location and download results to an Excel file.
LinkedIn Learning for Library is an upgrade to the previous Lynda Library product, providing continued lifelong learning opportunities for all of you.
Customers will now have access to the following:
- Engaging content for every customer, with over 16,000 courses in 7 different languages
- A simple, time-saving login flow for customers that only requires a library card number and PIN, without the need for a LinkedIn profile
- An updated, easy-to-use, intuitive interface
- Your previous course history from Lynda.com
- From March 31st, 2022, any customers who have not yet logged into LinkedIn Learning for Library will not have their Lynda history migrated over.
- LinkedIn Learning mobile app is now available. Please activate/access LinkedIn Learning via the desktop first, then move to the mobile app for an easier sign in experience on mobile.
- To sign in, click Sign in with your library card, enter “LibraryID” as “ottawa”, www.linkedin.com/learning-login/go/ottawa, Click Continue, and from there enter your library card # and PIN.
- For course completions, a customer will not get a certificate in their name, the customer will see completions in their history but won’t get a copy with their name.
- The library version of LinkedIn Learning can’t connect with customer’s personal LinkedIn account.
A database designed to help improve writing, vocabulary, spelling, grammar, reading comprehension and math skills at the elementary (grade 4), secondary, college and university level. Practice and prepare for exams like the TOEFL, GED, SAT, LSAT, MCAT, GRE and GMAT. Contains tools and resources for career development; including job search and networking, resume writing, cover letters and interview techniques and tips. Over 150 e-books to assist in the learning experience.
Worxica, a curated job vacancy archive, is Canada's first free big data job market research tool. It's built specifically for job seekers and recruiters. The tools is a curated, online archive of two million Canadian job vacancies advertised over the past year. It includes salaries, skills, and certification requirements and current job search data.