This full-text database includes the complete available electronic backfiles for major national and regional newspapers from 1985 to current, providing full access to the articles, columns, editorials, and features. Content is updated daily. Among the titles are The Globe and...
Full text remote access for Globe & Mail is available here.
- Login to Canadian Major Dailies_ProQuest
- Click on Publications located on the top bar of the page
- Type Globe and Mail in the search box
- Click on the search results for The Globe and Mail (Jan. 1, 2020 – present)
- Browse specific issues
Offers access to full-text content from several major publications including Consumer Reports, Canadian Geographic, Maclean's, Time and many more. It also includes full text biographies and a collection of photos, maps and flags.
The database allows searchable access to full articles, columns and features from the major French-Canadian newspapers and certain magazines such as Protégez-vous and L`Actualité. News sources include full-text articles from Le Droit, Le Devoir, La Presse, Le Soleil and SRC...
The remote access is not working for all the Gale products. We are working together with the vendor to try to fix this problem as soon as possible and we're sorry for any inconvenience this may cause.
Full text remote access for Globe & Mail is available here:
- Login to Gale Academic Onefile by using your library account
- Click on Advanced Search and under SEARCH OPTIONS, click Publication Search
- Type Globe and Mail in the search box
- Click on the search results for The Globe and Mail
- Select different years and browse specific issues
This digitized version of The Globe and Mail includes all of the newspapers' sections, images, classifieds, advertisements, births, deaths, political cartoons and more for the dates covered. Users can browse by date or perform a keyword search.
The Hilltimes.com – Canada’s political and government news service Customers can access PDF versions of Ottawa's own twice-weekly newspaper, as well as previous, achieved issues back to 2004, or download and print a copy. They can also search articles dating...
iPolitics is Canada’s only digital-native news service covering politics, policy and the business of government. Learn how politicians make decisions that affect your life and our country. From daily news to deep analysis - we’ve got you covered.
This product is limited to 20 simultaneous users. If you have trouble logging on you may wish to try again later.
*Please ignore the subscription notices while browsing the site.
A searchable archive of 30 days which is part of the database Library PressDisplay. Articles can be translated into German, Greek, Spanish or French. The viewer can also listen to individual articles in any of these languages. To access articles...
This digitized full-images archives of the Ottawa Citizen provides genealogists, researchers and general public with online, easily-searchable first-hand accounts and unparalleled coverage of the politics, society and events of the time.
Read today’s 7,000+ newspapers and magazines from around the world.
- You don’t need to create a separate PressReader account, without a PressReader account, you can still access any of the titles offered by Ottawa Public Library on PressReader.
- All you need is a library card and pin to sign in via a login page on the OPL website or PressReader App. That’s it!
- Access to The Globe and Mail is limited to customers using PressReader in a library branch due to restrictions imposed by the publisher.
- The Washington Post is no longer available from the PressReader platform as per the publisher's request. However, full text access for The Washington Post is available from our other two databases: Academic OneFile and Gale OneFile: Business.(delayed 1 day).
- Full text remote access for Globe & Mail is available from Canadian Major Dailies_ProQuest. It doesn't include the pictures, charts or graphs, but it is searchable.
- The Wall Street Journal is now available from PressReader.,
- Customers logged in through App need to re-authenticate after 30 days while Customers logged in through EzProxy (via library website) need to re-authenticate after 2 days.
- For the downloads storage, customers have the option to choose how long they wanted to keep the downloaded back issues.