The database allows searchable access to full articles, columns and features from the major French-Canadian newspapers and certain magazines such as Protégez-vous and L`Actualité. News sources include full-text articles from Le Droit, Le Devoir, La Presse, Le Soleil and SRC...
Read today’s 7,000+ newspapers and magazines from around the world.
- You don’t need to create a separate PressReader account, without a PressReader account, you can still access any of the titles offered by Ottawa Public Library on PressReader.
- All you need is a library card and pin to sign in via a login page on the OPL website or PressReader App. That’s it!
- Access to The Globe and Mail is limited to customers using PressReader in a library branch due to restrictions imposed by the publisher.
- The Washington Post is no longer available from the PressReader platform as per the publisher's request. However, full text access for The Washington Post is available from our other two databases: Academic OneFile and Gale OneFile: Business.(delayed 1 day).
- Full text remote access for Globe & Mail is available from Canadian Major Dailies_ProQuest. It doesn't include the pictures, charts or graphs, but it is searchable.
- The Wall Street Journal is now available from PressReader.,
- Customers logged in through App need to re-authenticate after 30 days while Customers logged in through EzProxy (via library website) need to re-authenticate after 2 days.
- For the downloads storage, customers have the option to choose how long they wanted to keep the downloaded back issues.