From the library catalogue:
- Search for an eBook by title, author, subject or keyword.
- Use the Format facet on the left-hand side to limit your search results to eBooks.
- Indiviually check each item on the list by clicking the 'Check Availability' link.
- If available, click the item's 'Available for Checkout' link.
From the Digital Media Catalogue:
- Search for an eBook by title, author, subject or keywork.
- Use the filters on the left-hand side to limit the results to both eBooks as well as what's available.
- Mouseover the cover of the eBook and click the 'Borrow' button
An Overdrive Account is necessary to take advantage of the features available through the Overdrive app on your tablet or Windows 10 computer. This allows the library user to download and open E-books and Downloadable Audiobooks to use on the above devices. If you signed in with an Overdrive account, you do not need an Adobe ID (see below).
An Adobe ID is an account created through the Adobe.com website. It allows the library user to download and open E-books that are DRM (Digital Rights Management) -protected. This is the ID you will need if you are using Adobe Digital Editions software on your computer to transfer E-books to E-readers.
OverdriveRead is the website interface to read E-books on your web browser. Since you are not downloading the E-book, this requires you to be constantly connected to the Internet while you are reading. OverdriveRead is very useful if you are unable, or unwilling, to use the apps or software required to download E-books you have borrowed.
Most Downloadable Audiobooks come in multiple files. In order to receive the complete Audiobook, you need to wait until all the files are downloaded, you can check this by clicking on the "show files" option of your app's menu.
Ottawa Public Library eBooks get returned automatically once the loan period is finished so there will never be any late fees. However, if you wish to return you OPL eBook early, doing so will depend on which software/device you've used to download the eBook*. The most popular are as follows:
*Note: Open PDF format eBooks cannot be returned early.
If you cannot find an immediate solution to your problem, you can search http://help.overdrive.com or e-mail for assistance using the contacts provided on this web page: https://biblioottawalibrary.ca/en/digital-collection-support