A replacement fee will be charged for all unreturned items.
You will be notified of overdue items by telephone or e-mail. The Library uses a recovery agency to collect replacement charges and fees. Please be aware that this can affect your personal credit rating.
You can pay your fees in branch or online via SmartPay:
- When you borrow library materials, you receive a receipt, a printed list that tells you when each item must be returned. Keep this list as your date due reminder, until all items are returned. Always check your receipt to ensure that you return items by their due dates.
- If you lose your list, you can see what items you have borrowed and when they are due back by checking My Borrowing, by calling us at 613-580-2940 or by phoning TeleCIRC at 613-580-2535.
- Make it a habit to check My Borrowing online from the library’s catalogue. This shows exactly what you have borrowed or placed on request, what is overdue, and lists any outstanding amounts owing.
- Returns - You can return materials to any branch or to the bookmobile. Book drops are available at all branches.
- Express items are popular and high-demand items, available on a first-come, first-serve basis. Borrowing times are shortened and there are limited renewals on items.
Access Passes: Museums, Parks, etc.
- The loan period for all Access Passes is 7 days with no renewals.
- Visit the Access Passes page for more usage information.
- Click on the Access Pass for details as to availability and/or to borrow.
|Ontario Parks 2023 Commercial Vehicle Permit||$99.00|
|Gatineau Park cross-country ski pass||$216.15|
|City Of Ottawa Ski Pass||$35.84|
|Kanata Nordic Season Pass||$113.00|
- The loan period for all musical instruments is 21 days. Instruments can be renewed up to 5 times. Only a single instrument can be borrowed at a time
- Explore our musical instruments collection and borrowing and usage related information.
|Acoustic Bass Guitar||$362.00|
|Acoustic guitar 1/2 size||$166.00|
|Acoustic Guitar 3/4 Size||$177.00|
|Acoustic Guitar Full Size||$192.00|
|Banjo, 5 string||$517.00|
|Bell set, 2.5 octaves||$304.00|
|Bongo drums, 7 & 8.5 in||$80.99|
|Cello 1/2 Size||$797.00|
|Digital Keyboard, 61 Note||$451.25|
|Digital Piano, 88-note||$710.00|
Equipment you can borrow
- Explore our equipment collection
- Visit the Imagine Space & Labs page for booking and usage details concerning equipment you can use in the branch (including scanners, 3D printers, music editing systems, etc.).
|Equipment Type||Replacement cost||Catalogue Link|
|CO2 Monitor||$325.00||Availability and borrowing options|
|Kill A Watt: electricity usage monitor||$36.95||Availability and borrowing options|
|MovieMaker Pro : 8mm/Super 8 film to digital||$400.00||Availability and borrowing options|
|Orion StarBlast II 4.5 EQ Reflector telescope||$300.00||Availability and borrowing options|
|Sky-Watcher Telescope||$300.00||Availability and borrowing options|
|Thermal Camera (THERMALCAM)||$342.00||Availability and borrowing options|
|Victor Reader ClassicX||$300.00||Availability and borrowing options|
|VictorReader Stratus DAISY CD player||$500.00||Availability and borrowing options|