The Ottawa Public Library welcomes submissions by authors outside of Ottawa for inclusion in the library’s collection, when that material:
- Fits the scope of the Library’s collection, and
- Meets our Materials Selection Criteria.
To submit a work of for inclusion in the Ottawa Public Library’s collection, please read the guidelines below.
- Eligible books are those published in the last 2 years.
- To be added to the library your book will meet the Material Selection Criteria.
- Books not accepted will be sent to the Friends of the OPL Association (FOPLA) for resale.
- Only bound books are accepted (no spiral or manuscript form).
- Please include reviews if available.
- We receive a large volume of queries and submissions and ask for your patience. Accepted titles will be listed in our catalogue within 4 months.
- We monitor our collection closely; should there be demand for additional copies of your book, we will purchase them through our regular vendors.
Material may be mailed directly to Content Services at the following address:
Ottawa Public Library
100 Tallwood Dr.
Att.: Collection Development