This digital media service provides customers access to motion picture films, television shows, complete music albums, graphic novels & comics, and BingePasses. The collection includes current and past hits, as well as classics. There is a variety of genres to choose from, with something for all ages. Let's be connected, inspired, and entertained together every day!
- The collection is not permanent – titles get pulled and new content is added all the time.
- Customers can stream or temporarily download up to 6 titles per month per card. The download feature is available exclusively on mobile devices, through the app.
- The borrowing period for movie and TV content is between 48-72 hours (2-3 days), music albums (considered as one item) are 7 days, and comics collection is 21 days.
- Titles are available instantly with no holds, waitlists, or late fees.
- Borrowed titles are automatically returned following the borrowing period.
- Hoopla is accessible from your computer, laptop, or wireless device.
- Customers must register for an account with an email address and a valid OPL card number, in order to access the service.
- The data used to stream Hoopla from the Internet at home or from your mobile device will count towards your Internet service provider’s monthly bandwidth cap. Watching a regular-length movie uses about 1GB of data for each stream of standard definition video. Streaming an album uses about 35 MB of data.