This digital media service provides customers access to motion picture films, television shows and complete music albums. There are more than 320,000 titles in this collection, which includes current and past hits, as well as classics. There is a variety of genres to choose from, with something for all ages.
- The collection is not permanent – titles get pulled and new content is added all the time.
- Customers can stream or temporarily download up to 6 titles per month. The download feature is available exclusively on mobile devices, through the app.
- The borrowing period for movie and TV content is between 48-72 hours (2-3 days) and music albums (considered as one item) are borrowed for 7 days.
- Titles are available instantly with no holds, waitlists, or late fees.
- Borrowed titles are automatically returned following the borrowing period.
- Hoopla is accessible from your computer, laptop or wireless device.
- Customers must register for an account with an email address and a valid OPL card number, in order to access the service.
- The data used to stream Hoopla from the Internet at home or from your mobile device will count towards your Internet service provider’s monthly bandwidth cap. Watching a regular-length movie uses about 1GB of data for each stream of standard definition video. Streaming an album uses about 35 MB of data.