Kids: Study at Home
Are you bored? Fill your brain with cool fun facts! Play and explore on Britannica Library for Kids and keep up your reading with Active Reading or Tumblebooks. You can also check out some great external websites which are librarian approved.
Featured Library Resources
Featured web content
Here’s some of the best resources from the web for home study. Please note that these are external links which will take you away from the Ottawa Public Library website.
- High-quality, made-in-Ontario math and literacy resources, created by Ontario-certified educators, in both English and French. Created by the Ontario Ministry of Education
- Stories and language lessons for French Immersion students.
- They asked parents around the country to submit ideas for enriching activities to keep kids engaged while parents are working. It’s for ages 0-18 (and beyond!). You can search it by age, parental involvement level, prep time, cost, whether it’s for a group or one child, whether it involves a screen or not, and more. You can also add the activities keeping your kids busy and happy to the list.
- Day-by-day projects to keep kids reading, thinking, and growing. Content is available from Pre-Kindergarten to grade 9.
- Khan Academy offers practice exercises, instructional videos, and a personalized learning dashboard that empower learners to study at their own pace in and outside of the classroom.
- ClickSchooling is a publication of the Homeschool Buyers Co-op,. Their mission is to help home educators provide the best possible education to their students. In support of that, they scour the Internet for the world’s best educational resources, and publish daily reviews on their website.
- A highly interactive, early literacy web-based tool that supports beginning readers through 33 engaging activities linked to 20 stories of different kinds.
- Designed by the Montreal Museum of Fine Arts based on 350 works in its encyclopedic collection and aimed at Québec high school teachers, ÉducArt explores themes and social issues in different subjects, from art to science.
- FREE 1:1 online math tutoring for students in Ontario public schools in Grade 6 to 10.
- Explorer Classroom’s live video events connect students with National Geographic Explorers across all seven continents to bring exploration to life. Every weekday at 2:00 p.m. EDT.