What you will need:
- A valid Ottawa Public Library (OPL) card
- PC running Windows 7 SP1 or later, Mac OS 10.8 or later
- Google Chrome, Mozilla Firefox or Internet Explorer 9 or later
- Mobile requires Android 2.3+ or later or iOS 7.0+ and can be accessed through your mobile browser. Please note that the Lynda.com app is not compatible with library subscriptions.
- Videos require 1 Mbps Internet connection or greater
- The data used to stream Lynda.com videos from the Internet at home or from your mobile device will count towards your Internet service provider’s monthly bandwidth cap.
Creating an Account
- Go to our website and click on Lynda.com
- If accessing from outside the library, enter your library card and pin
- Click on 'Create a profile'
- Fill in the required boxes and click on log in
What kind of content does Lynda.com have?
Computers and Technology
Lynda.com is great for teaching yourself computer software and technology including tutorials on Windows 10, Office 2016, Android, iOS, Facebook and WordPress. For more advanced users, it also includes courses on computer programming and scripting languages for those interested in learning to code.
Tutorials include 3D printing, audio/video editing, using a green screen and many others.
Lynda.com offers close to 600 photography courses for all skill levels and all aspects including Photoshop, iPhoto and Lightroom as well as courses on how to fine tune your camera or taking pictures in low light.
You’ll find several tutorials on improving business skills, productivity, leadership, project management and presentations.
Our license allows for unlimited access to Lynda.com. Please note that a limit of 100 customers can access the resource at any given time. Sessions will timeout after 30 minutes of inactivity.
Please use the link on our website to access Lynda.com. If you are on a mobile device, please note that the Lynda.com app is currently unavailable to library users.
What if I have questions?
Use OPL's Technical Help form to contact OPL for assistance.