New York Times Getting Started Guide
- You must create a New York Times account to access.
- An email address is required
- There is a daily limit on how many remote passes are available.
- Access does not include the New York Times crossword puzzle and e-reader editions.
- If you get a subscription notice while browsing the site, please ignore.
Accessing the New York Times website:
In Library Use
- Go to https://www.nytimes.com
- Click on 'Log In' in the top right corner
- If you haven't created an account, click on Sign Up. If you have already created an account, enter your email and password
- Visit the OPL website and click on the link provided
- Enter your library card and PIN
- If you haven't created a New York Times account, click on 'Create Account'. If you have already created an account, click on 'Log in here' and enter your email and password
- Once activated, you will get a message that indicates when your pass expires and a link to go to NYTimes.com
- Once you've activated your New York Times Pass, you can optionally download and install the apps for iOS, Android or Blackberry to access. In the app, you must log in using your NYT account.