Ottawa Public Library (OPL) is proud to once again participate in Capital Pride this summer! The Library is a welcoming space for everyone to discover our collections, which represents diverse authors and stories from Canada and around the world. Capital Pride, with its celebration of the diverse rainbow community within this city, is a great opportunity for the Library to share its mission to inspire learning, spark curiosity, and connect people.
Here is how OPL is showing all its colours in various events during Capital Pride 2018:
- on Sunday, August 19.
- on Monday, August 20.
- OPL will host the return of the popular on Tuesday, August 21, this year in partnership with the National Arts Centre.
- Multiple screenings of LGBTQIA-themed films will take place at both the North Gloucester and Main branches.
- Main branch will host the Canadian premiere of , with a panel discussion featuring director Kevin McCarthy. on Thursday, August 23
- OPL will celebrate at the on Wednesday, August 22.
- OPL employees will march alongside the Bookmobile in the and participate in the on Sunday, August 26.
- OPL’s Bookmobile will host an exclusive Talegate Party in the staging area prior to Sunday’s parade, where customers can tour the Bookmobile and browse a sampling of OPL’s Pride-friendly collection.
For those unable to attend an event, OPL’s collection offers . Reading recommendations by and about people who identify all over the spectrums of gender and sexuality are available for children, teens, and adults. Discover OPL at these Pride events or via our collections today!
The Ottawa Public Library (OPL) is the largest bilingual (English/French) public library system in North America, with 34 branches, physical and virtual at , mobile libraries, and a vending machine library service. OPL’s mission is to inspire learning, spark curiosity, and connect people. Follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook . Contact us at 613-580-2940 or . If it’s out there, it’s in here!