The below instructions are only for reading newspapers and magazines offline using the PressReader app. In addition, if you are visiting one of our library branches, you do not need to create a PressReader Account to download to the app. This is only if you wish to download for offline use from outside the library. If accessing PressReader through a web browser, simply click on the link on our website, choose a magazine or newspaper and start reading.
Account Set Up for Offline Reading
Setting up a PressReader Account is completely optional and allows you to save your personalized experience including bookmarking articles, setting up email alerts and downloading newspapers / magazines for offline use through the app.
- Log into PressReader from our website using your library card
- Close the PressReader HotSpot pop up
- Click on "Sign In" in the upper right hand corner
- Click on "New User? Sign up now"
- Enter your email address, password and name
Downloading for Offline Use
- Follow the “Account Set Up” instructions as above
- Download the app for your device: https://care.pressreader.com/hc/en-us/articles/204520009-Download-the-Latest-App
- Open the app and sign in using the PressReader account you created then click Authorize.
- Click on the circle with three lines in upper left hand corner to browse selection. Choose your newspaper and click on download/open.
Please note that once the PressReader app is authorized, it gives you full access for a limited amount of time. Once this expires, you must do the following:
- Open your web browser, return to our website and click on the PressReader link.
- Once on PressReader, check that you are still logged in with your PressReader account.
- Open the app. You should now have another window of unlimited access.
For further information, the Help Center has several videos on how to use PressReader: https://care.pressreader.com/hc/en-us