The Stittsville Creative Writing Group – Youth Program (SCWG-YP) is an extension of the adult program with the goals of: fostering creativity and literacy in the next generation, inspiring future writers, and preserving the art of the written word.
Participants are youth 13-17 years of age, unless granted an exemption. SCWG-YP participants and members meet once a month, on the third Monday of the month from 6:30pm-8:00pm, for a series of lectures and writing exercises designed to achieve the group’s goals. The group is led by an adult member of the SCWG.
Deliverables undertaken by the SCWG-YP include:
· Discussion on writing theory;
· Practical lessons on writing;
· In-session and independent writing exercises;
· Appraisal and workshopping of ideas, and
· Guidance on creative writing and practical advice about publishing.