This collection of reference eBooks -- the kind of reliable, in-depth material once in a printed reference collection -- gives full-text access to thousands of articles on a wide variety of topics. Users can search topics within a single reference book or within the entire collection of books. Some sample titles are: Schirmer Encyclopedia of Film, Encyclopedia of World Biography, Business Plans Handbooks (44 volumes of full-text business plans), World Encyclopedia of Police Forces and Correctional Systems, Worldmark Encyclopedia of the Nations, Encyclopaedia Judaica, and Encyclopedia of Drugs, Alcohol, & Addictive Behavior.
Step 1: Contactless services inside most open branches17/06/2021
There are contactless services inside most of our 31 open branches, with strict capacity limits in place, as of June 14, 2021, except at Metcalfe Village, Orléans and Rosemount. This means:
- Pick up holds and check them out at self-checkout stations.
- Return borrowed items to book drops anytime.
- Access to PCs, Chromebooks, and printing, where these are available.
- No other services: no browsing, no washroom access.
- Mask-wearing remains mandatory inside, and outside in line.
For details, go to Current Branch Services.