Suggest a title you'd like us to add to our collection.
We have updated our 'Suggestion to purchase' form. You will now receive notice of whether your suggestion was approved or denied and the reason for the response. Check your suggestion status at https://ottawa.bibliocommons.com/user/account, under 'Suggested Purchases'.
- Material that we missed buying
- Books from new or little known authors or publishers
Please do not suggest:
- Very popular and best selling authors, top 40 compact discs, or well reviewed DVD feature films - we will be buying these anyway.
- Anything over two years old. This is defined as current year plus 2. For example, during the current year (2016), please limit suggestions to material created between Jan 2014 and the date you place your suggestion (today’s date). ( See if it is available from one of our SmartLibrary partners.)
- Items that are not yet published or released in Canada.
- Only submit a suggestion once.
- Limit your suggestions to 5/month.
Decisions about the collection reflect OPL's Materials Selection Policy.