Registration is now open for the July programs! Registration for the August programs starts on July 21 at 10:00 am.
We require a juvenile (child’s) library card to register for online children’s programs at OPL.This requirement is in place for the safety of all program registrants.
Please contact OPL’s InfoService by phone or email:
- If you have never had a card before, click here to sign up for one.
- If you have a card but need to renew, please contact InfoService at firstname.lastname@example.org or at 613-580-2940
- If you are an Ottawa resident without a library card, and you do not have internet service, please contact InfoService at 613-580-2940 and our staff will walk you through the steps of registration.
Sometimes the link to the program will be in the program listing. If it isn’t, it means you need to register for the program so we can send you the link in an email. Registrants will receive the link by email at least 1 hour before the program start time.
If the program is about to start and you still haven’t received the link, please follow these steps in order:
- Verify the program date and time; links are sent at least 1 hour before the start time.
- Check that you are registered for the program.
- Look in your junk mail folder for the link
- Make sure you are looking at the email account that was used for the program registration
- Contact us at email@example.com, including in the email your library barcode number, your name (or your child’s name, if their card was used to register for the program), and the name of the program.
If you have been contacted with a link to a virtual program, we ask that you donot share the link. Programs are created with a specific number of registrants in mind –many unexpected extra attendees will diminish the value of the program for all who have registered.
We respectfully request that you respect the age limit in the program description. Programs are tailored for specific audiences, with the expectation that children and teens of similar ages will interact with each other virtually, led by OPL programming staff.