Take a trip from the comfort of your couch! Learn to speak pirate (and many other languages) on Mango, discover world food and recipes with A to Z World Food or watch travel documentaries on Kanopy and Video Access on Demand. We have also combed through the internet and put together a list of some great external websites which we recommend.
26/03/2020In these unusual days where we can spend less physical time with our family...Blog Entry
Featured web content
Here’s some of the best resources from the web for virtual travel. Please note that these are external links which will take you away from the Ottawa Public Library website. // Voici quelques-unes des meilleures ressources du Web pour faire un voyage virtuel. Veuillez noter que ce sont des liens externes, en cliquant sur ces liens vous sortirez du site Web de la Bibliothèque publique d'Ottawa.
- Google Arts & Culture features content from over 1200 leading museums and archives who have partnered with the Google Cultural Institute to bring the world's treasures online. Google Arts & Culture’s collection includes the British Museum in London, the Van Gogh Museum in Amsterdam, the Guggenheim in New York City, and literally hundreds of more places where you can gain knowledge about art, history, and science.
- 600 virtual exhibits and nearly one million images to e-explore.
- Online exhibitions include Canada and the First World War, Canada's Naval HIstory, Canadian Wartime Propaganda.
- Virtual Tour of the Great Wall of China. As China's most famous attraction, the Great Wall of China is an essential stop on any trip to China.
- Be part of the daily lives of the Zoo’s giant pandas, no matter where in the world you’re watching!
- Monterey Bay Aquarium's Live Jelly Cam.
- Enjoy the beauty of the natural world while sitting safely on your couch. These parks feature different climates and environments from across the U.S., including famous desert vistas and snowy terrains.
- You are about to enter a sacred place. Click, tap or hover to hear the songs and stories of Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, Australia guided by Anangu traditional owners, and explore the possibilities when Tjukurpa tradition and technology come together. Explore Uluru via Story Spheres, which provides audio stories and songs from the Anangu to create an even more immersive experience
- Visit the island of Tenerife. Take an aerial tour with interactive, 360-degree images of Tenerife’s museums and natural spaces.
- Calming 360-degree cherry blossom VR videos on the Japanese Weather News YouTube channel.