Have you been doing a lot of online shopping and are worried about how safe it really is? Have you heard a lot about online fraud and identity theft and are worried about how to protect your personal information? Then join us to learn to be a savvy online consumer. Leanna Mora, Senior Policy Analyst in the Ministry of Government and Consumer Services, will talk about what you need to know when shopping online and what Consumer Protection Ontario can do to help. Then, Jeff Thomson, a Senior RCMP Intelligence Analyst at the Canadian Anti-Fraud Centre, will discuss online fraud and how to best protect yourself against identity theft.
Step 1: Contactless services inside most open branches17/06/2021
There are contactless services inside most of our 31 open branches, with strict capacity limits in place, as of June 14, 2021, except at Metcalfe Village, Orléans and Rosemount. This means:
- Pick up holds and check them out at self-checkout stations.
- Return borrowed items to book drops anytime.
- Access to PCs, Chromebooks, and printing, where these are available.
- No other services: no browsing, no washroom access.
- Mask-wearing remains mandatory inside, and outside in line.
For details, go to Current Branch Services.