What is happening “behind the curtain” of your Android smartphone? In this presentation, Alan German from the Ottawa PC Users’ Group will review some of the basics of the Android operating system, the underlying file system, and the apps. You don’t need to be limited to just the software that came bundled with your phone; there are lots of third-party apps–many of them free–that can make your life a whole lot easier. There are also some annoyances with Android, and Alan will show how to work around some of these. Finally, Alan will take a brief look at the ultimate solution–but, one only applicable to those brave enough–replacing that outdated version of Android with a custom ROM!
Step 1: Contactless services inside most open branches17/06/2021
There are contactless services inside most of our 31 open branches, with strict capacity limits in place, as of June 14, 2021, except at Metcalfe Village, Orléans and Rosemount. This means:
- Pick up holds and check them out at self-checkout stations.
- Return borrowed items to book drops anytime.
- Access to PCs, Chromebooks, and printing, where these are available.
- No other services: no browsing, no washroom access.
- Mask-wearing remains mandatory inside, and outside in line.
For details, go to Current Branch Services.