You are here
Volunteer at OPL
Volunteering requires enthusiasm, commitment and a desire to help others. If you want to volunteer your time, please submit an application through the Better Impact volunteer database.
When a volunteer opportunity becomes available, you will be invited to an interview. You will need to provide references and some volunteers will need a Police Vulnerable Sector Check.
Teens can complete 40 hours of the Ontario Ministry of Education requirement for community involvement at the Library in a variety of ways. You must be at least 14 years old and have parent/guardian permission. Please submit an application through the Better Impact volunteer database.
Teens who volunteer at OPL may be assigned the following type of work:
- Helping staff with Children’s and Teen’s programs
- Preparing craft materials and program supplies
- Designing and maintaining displays
- Helping with programs for Seniors
- Assisting with Wii games
- Preparing kits for outreach events
- Participation in a Teen Advisory Group (TAG)
For more information about volunteering at OPL, please contact libraryvolunteers@BiblioOttawaLibrary.ca.