Zinio – Account Set Up
New customers need to create a single account to read Ottawa Public Library (OPL) magazine subscriptions through Zinio for Libraries. This account will also work with the new Zinio for Libraries app available for iPad and Android.*
*Existing subscribers can continue to use Zinio.com or the commercial Zinio app to read magazines; however, it still requires a second account created at Zinio.com using the same email address used for the library account.
Accessing OPL’s e-magazine subscriptions
Click on the Zinio link from the OPL website (http://biblioottawalibrary.ca/en/zinio-notice). If accessing this page from outside the library, you will be asked for your username or library card number and PIN.
- Click on the “Create New Account” button.
- Enter your name, email address, create a password and click “Create Account”
- The Account set up status will display “Successful! Email has been sent to you”
- An activation email link has been sent to your email. If you do not receive the email, please check your junk/spam email folder. Click on the link and you will be informed that your account is active. Next, click on “Return to Login”.
- Return to the Library Zinio page and enter the email and password you created and click on “Login”.
- Your login will be confirmed and will automatically launch OPL's collection page. You are now ready to browse your favourite magazine titles!
Viewing Your Magazines on Desktop/Laptops and Mobile Devices
- Use the available navigation tools to search for the magazine(s) of your choice.
- Click on the cover of the magazine you would like to view. Next, click on Checkout.
- On a PC, Mac or Chromebook, click on the ‘Start Reading’ button from the library portal and instantly access your magazine through your web browser (Firefox, Chrome, Internet Explorer 10+ and Safari)
- On a mobile device, click on one of the buttons beside where it indicates to "GET THE APP to read offline" from the library portal. This will transfer you to the new “Zinio for Libraries” app for iPad or Android. Once you've installed the app, you can log in using the single account created with the library and download / read your magazines.
For assistance or technical support, fill out the online form available at: http://fs2.formsite.com/RecordedBooks/ZinioSupportRequest/index.html